Welcome to The Official
Los Angeles Karting Championship Website
LAKC's new Reg on Wheels assistants 🐶
LAKC Round #5 is this weekend! June 17-18! Some important updates for...
PRO SHOW Announcements:
- Due to the variable lighting we experienced during the filming of last month's Pro Show, we're going to experiment again with the template & schedule of the race to see if we can capture the racing with better lighting.
-- Due to the fact that we cannot yet afford to put up a proper temporary lighting system for Saturday night, we are going to move the Pro Show classes to Sunday Afternoon and start the televised Heats and Mains around noon, with the normal LAKC schedule filling in the gaps like normal.
-- We apologize for the short notice and the drastic change in schedule, but we are experimenting with the format to see what really works well for the racers, the spectators, and the cameras. Right now we are making a small sacrifice for the sake of the camera's and what should hopefully come out as a great racing show that everyone will want to watch when it is ready.
-- We will post the official Sunday Schedule tomorrow when it's ready. For most everyone, it will run like a normal LAKC Sunday race.
- Drivers! We are highly encouraging everyone to bring a GOPRO (or similar) camera to mount and record their races. We have an amazing group of people producing the show, and the more on-board footage we get, the better we can make it. We'll have a place for you to drop your SD cards after the Mains.
- Also, we will be adding in a 1 race drop for the X175 and S1/S2 Pro Show Series (So it will be a best 3 of 4 series)
- All drivers in X30 Junior and X30 Pro, please read the Official Press Release from SKUSA regarding the push back bumpers. Please come to the grid ahead of schedule and prepared to install your bumper.
- We've had some feedback regarding Podium ceremonies, so we're going to take a poll at the drivers meeting and see if everybody wants to start doing trophy presentations at the end of the day like a SKUSA event, or continue to due them after Tech Inspection is complete after each main event.
- Rolling starts will be experimenting with the new Starting procedure demonstrated at the last Pro Kart race. Will explain in detail in the drivers meeting.
Sorry for the long wall of text! But thank you to everyone who supports us and the racing series we are trying to make the best we can. If you ever have any questions or feedback regarding the races, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!
Don't miss this weekend's LAKC Round #4!! And don't miss the first...
- Qualifying starts around 5pm on Saturday, Food and drinks will be available, and it looks like this might be one of the largest LAKC races we've ever had!
- SKUSA Racers! Don't miss this perfect opportunity to come drive and race on the same layout (Grande CW) as the Pro Kart race!
- If you're coming from out of town and want to reserve a pit spot or overnight camping, please contact Frank Baldozier as soon as possible to discuss your options.
- Pro Show schedule will be announced tomorrow.
Thank you again to everyone who supports LAKC!! We know racing can be dramatic and even pretty stressful at times, but our goal is to make it as fun as possible. We want to create an atmosphere and structure where drivers of all ages can hone their skills and race-craft every month, and where the drivers can learn to develop the proper level of respect both on-track and off.
If you ever have any questions regarding LAKC, how we can make things better, or even how to get started racing, just contact us any time and we'll be happy to help!
LAKC ROUND #3 Race Schedule!!
- DON'T FORGET...
- DON'T FORGET to Pre-Register online and save $$ before this Thursday at midnight!
- We're running the Technico layout again, this time with the new asphalt through turns 1 & 2 and it's super smooth!
- Perfect weather with blue skies and temps in the 80's expected all weekend, be prepared for grip!
Who's ready to get out and do some racing? We're looking forward to the...
LAKC Throwback - 2016 Race Series Photo Credit: @piamcdonell Our Home Track:...
It's a team effort, for all the drivers, all the teams and everyone who...
Round 2 race schedule is up on our Facebook page - Be sure to...
Registration is now open for Round 2 on lakc.org! Be sure to get over...